Whilst working as a developer at the Crocodile Integrating Marketing in London, I got given the task of developing a CMS powered animated map for EMC Computers. Flash was chosen as the platform by the client and Expression Engine was chosen as the CMS to power the microsite as it was flexible, Flash-friendly and rapid to deploy. The site contains multi-lingual contact and campaign information for European EMC partners and was built in ActionScript 3 using Object Oriented Programming to ensure future development work could be easily performed.
- Working with a designer to ensure practical feasibility
- Configuring Expression Engine to output XML
- Flash AS3 development (XML driven OOP)
- Multiple language font variants
- Consistent map scaling
- Vector map conversion and interaction